Edward J. McFadden, Jr. - President
Glade Mountain Consulting, LLC.
Education: Undergraduate Bachelor degrees in business administration and liberal arts
Masters in Business Administration (EMBA) from Northeastern University.
Glade Mountain Consulting, LLC - President
For several years, the focus has been on providing consulting and web site design, content, and implementation services. The company provides website development and enhancement for small to medium sized businesses - both non-profit and for profit organizations. The value added is based on providing impact within the online marketplace, supporting with a mix of design and technical capabilities. The design capabilities incorporate usability and user friendliness, while the technical capabilities include methods to make your website attract the most attention from the marketplace. Examples of services provided:
- Developed and implemented the website for a non-profit religious organization. Implementation included design of the pages, content development, navigation, a standard stylesheet and standardized templates. Site: http://uccasheville.org/
- Developed website for a non-profit homeowners association Site: http://www.thegladeassociation.org/
- Recommended and implemented search engine optimization (SEO) of an existing website for an electronics retailer
- Developed a business plan with financial projections, staffing requirements, and revenue requirements for a California-based consulting firm.
Technical capabilities: Dreamweaver, HTML, FTP, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, MAC OS and tools, Windows OS and tools, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), Apple Mail, Entourage, PDF
The Concours Group – Vice President
Strong emphasis on providing project and program delivery. The Concours Group is a multinational management consulting, research, and executive education firm based in the US. Engagements have included:
- Managed the Information Technology Department for a division of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company as the interim Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Led a project comprised of multi-disciplined client staff to determine and select the appropriate outsource provider for warehouse and logistics services for a manufacturing company.
- Developed business strategies for manufacturing and insurance companies, encompassing organization design, integrated business process design, staff sourcing requirements, scorecards, and transition plans.
- Developed strategic information systems plans focused on integrating information technology with business objectives, identifying plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization in the areas of methodologies, structure, skills, practices and procedures, and technology deployment. Clients were in industries such as financial services, retail consumer products, electronic components distribution, property & casualty insurance, and petrochemical
- Directed two research projects, each with 25-35 Fortune 500 and international members. These research projects had both internal Concours and educational / industry experts as team members and focused on a) Security and Privacy and b) Information Technology Architecture.